Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mystery Shoes

In one of my last posts, I put up a picture of my modified last to see if anyone could guess the date.  I think it was quite an interesting exercise is how redundant style is.  The key thing to note on the last is the high toe spring (when I built out, I also built upwards).  I'm also using the same last, which bends in the middle a little to fit with a heel.  That being noted, here's a picture of the try-on I made.  There will be a few alterations- mainly the dog leg seam is too low.  Feel free to shout out what your adjusted date is, and, if you feel like really taking on a challenge, what regional style they'll be (aka French, Dutch, English, Italian, etc) and what construction technique (hint: that's my insole at the bottom).






2 comments:

Olympe de la Tour D'Auvergne said...

Ah so they will have a heel. In that case I say early 18th century, and just for fun I'll guess Italian.

vintagevisions27 said...

I was actually thinking the same thing. ;)They will be a randed style, yes?
-Emily